Monday, August 24, 2015

Dealing With Yard Waste

Any homeowner can tell you that the upkeep and maintenance on a home never seems to be finished. Painting this, fixing that, and keeping up with the lawn and yard work.

The grass and weeds alone are enough to keep anyone busy each week with mowing and weed eating, but as the trees and bushes grow so quickly, they need seasonal attention, too.

Trimming and pruning can be healthy for foliage if done correctly, but what should homeowners do with the limbs and clippings? There are luckily a few different options. 

Mulching. “By using a mulching mower, you can reduce the need for fertilizers, pesticides, and watering as processed grass clippings return nutrients to the soil and help retain moisture. Labor and the need for resources such as bags is also reduced.”

Composting. “Composting, often described as nature’s way of recycling, is the biological process of breaking up of organic waste such as food waste, manure, leaves, grass trimmings, paper, worms, and coffee grounds, etc., into an extremely useful humus-like substance by various micro-organisms including bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes in the presence of oxygen.”

Drop-Off Center. If you have a truck or a trailer, you may want to haul your twigs and branches to a drop-off center specifically designated to accept this type of organic waste.

Trash Hauler. Your local trash company may have a large item pick-up or other special provisions for picking up this type of waste.

If you are unable to manage hauling the yard waste yourself and arrange to have it picked up, it’s always a good idea to properly prepare it. Trash haulers will have different guidelines as to how they would like it bundled, bagged, etc.

Once the yard waste is picked up or deposited off at a drop-off center, it may go to a landscaping company, a garden center, or another party interested in this type of organic material.

Regardless of how it is picked up or dropped off, and regardless of who uses it afterwards, reusing and repurposing yard waste material is essential in our green efforts leading to a zero waste society.

For more information on waste and recycling visit www.wasteawaygroup.com.

benefits-of-recycling.com
dnrec.delaware.gov
epa.gov
Wikipedia.org





2 comments:

  1. What a Miraculous Recovery!!!
    I will always remember you on this day Dr
    I was totally convinced before I could finished you medicine prepared for me for my Herpes. By Dr. Odey Abang,
    It was actually a sad incident and a painful soles still appearing and was still using the ancylovia ..
    All I was concerned was the perfect cure. Went to seerch about natural remedies for Herpes, then, I came across a comment of a lady who posted how she was cured from 7 years diagnosed of herpes and and much others with Dr. Odey Abang.
    I thought about it and decided to try for my health. I was willing to pay anything to get cured.
    Surprising, my cures came just as soon as I purchased his herbal remedies and sent to me through the DHL.
    I was guid by the doctor on how to apply.
    I felt so relieved a couple of days I used the medicine and could understand the reaction each time I took in the medicine.
    On my last bottle, I was totally convinced, I could see no sole in me and my habitat was good for my taste.
    I went to the hospital and my doctor confirmed me herpes negative. It's over a month now still showing negative.
    This is my life story and I'm using this to thank all those posting about Dr. Odey Abang for his cures and help for total cures
    His medicine are very effective, 100% qurantee with active immune booster.
    Contact him directly

    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

    for you're cure to
    Herpes, HIV/Aids, Diabetes, infertility, irregular mesturatio, Fibroid, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete