Saturday, February 17, 2018

Does Convenience Have a Cost?

What’s the cost of convenience? The term “cost” can cover a wide range of ways that something impacts something else. It can be monetary, which is the most obvious, but money may be the least detrimental in terms of “cost”.

In a world filled with convenience stores, items, food and a host of other things directed at saving time and keeping people moving in their busy lives, some important things are being left to fall by wayside.

The Pacific coast and surrounding area tends to lead the charge when it comes to recycling and green efforts. In 2017, eight out of the top ten greenest cities were in California, Oregon and Washington.

The Midwest, although progressive in its own right, falls lower on the list of green cities. By a long shot.

Green cities tend to have both mandatory recycling laws with fines imposed for not abiding by those laws and recycling containers throughout their cities right next to trash containers. Something that cities further down the list don’t do as much of.

Having ample trash containers placed in a city is a good start in keeping that city clean, but keeping them emptied is also incredibly important. Once containers are full and without service, people may tend to continue to pile trash on until the container is overflowing or worse yet, throw trash next to it n the ground. This could potentially allow trash to blow around and litter the streets and neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, the convenience factor comes into play a little too much and people don’t wait to find a trash can at all. This is when trash, especially from food and drinks, get thrown out of car windows left for someone else to pick up. Or worse, left to rot and decompose alongside the road.

Education about litter, trash and recycling is paramount. We could all use reminders about the consequences of our actions out of convenience to us. Maybe not monetary consequences, but sometimes those aren’t the most detrimental.

For more information on trash and recycling visit www.wasteawaygroup.com.



4 comments:

  1. Great analysis! Convenience does have a cost and it is usually an external cost that is long term and difficult to quantify in today's dollars.
    Thank you
    Bren
    Join Plastic Free July

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
    It wonderfully worked for me;
    At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
    At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
    Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
    I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
    This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
    Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete